From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 17:03:23 -0600
At 11:45 AM 05/15/2000 , Dharam Bhardwaj wrote:
>I need some help with adding more RAM to this board. It has 2 slots for
>72 pin and 2 for 168 pin SDRAM. The 72 pin slots are taken up by 2 x
>16meg (32 meg). I added one stick of 64 meg sdram, and the board
>immediately complained with a checksum error. I replaced the 64 meg with
>
>2 sticks of 16meg sdram, and got the same error.
>What is my best recourse? I do not have a manual for this thing.
>The board manufacturer, QDI, of this board - Explorer IV, does not seem
>to have a reference for this board. Maybe my search was not adequate.
>Anyone know another site for this board's specs? I have tried Tom's and
>Anand's without luck - maybe I need to hone my search skills?  Also, I
>can't seem to find the pins to clear cmos. BTW, the sdram is pc100, but
>this should not cause the error, right?

It has been awhile since I worked with one of those boards that supported
both Simms and Dimms, but if my memory is right, you can use one type
or the other on the board...   but, the motherboard is not compatible to
using both types at the same time.

       Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                     visit our download web page at: