Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 08:10:47 -0700
Assuming you are booting using a floppy disk, you need to run FDISK to
remove the existing Non-Dos partitions. It is possible that the version of
FDISK you have may not allow you to do this. You will then need to get a
bootable floppy that does have software to remove Non-DOS partitions. If
this is the case, get back to us and we can point you to such a version. Of
course, products such as Partition Magic can also do this.

After removing the Non-DOS partitions, you will need to create one or more
partitions on the disk (as you may want) and only then can you format them.

Good luck.

Peter