From:
Edna Sloan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 00:31:34 -0500
Thanks to all who responded.
Yes, I have tried 83 with the same result.  I am aware of the the pci,agp,
and isa increase bus speeds with this kind of OC.  What I am trying to find
are/is cards, pci or agp,  that will handle 41.5 pci bus speed or 83 agp.  I
have looked at some surveys where people are OCing at this speed with no
problems, but they do not say what pci or agp devices they are using, i.e.,
video card, hard drive, etc.  The only reference to a video card I have
found was on Toms Hardware where someone had OCed to 83 with a Matrox
Millenium.  I have heard also that some hard drives(which run on pci bus)can
also fail at higher pci bus speeds.   Some of the newer (bx) boards can go
beyond 100 where the same situation would occur, so it would not just have
to be limited to 75/83 situations.  It would be nice to find a forum or
survey where OC info on particular components was available.

Thanks, Edna Sloan