From:
Rick Thornton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 19:53:16 -0400
I have a PC which was continually rebooting if I tried to use Outlook Express.  Norton revealed the Kakworm virus. This was removed.  Or rather, the guy tried to remove it.  He was in registry, clicked on the export registry file and the machine froze solid. He pushed reset and now the machine will not post. Won't get to a boot disc either. It comes on with the hdd light continually on but thats it.  No monitor, no other activity.  The machine is a Cyrix (beleived to be an early pentium) running win98 and has 16 meg ram.

Have we killed this poor machine? Or is there some way out of this dilemma?  Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rick Thornton

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html