From:
Ben Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 09:14:02 -0500
I'm not sure the 7500 will be that much faster than a Geforce 2 depending on
which Geforce2 you had.

There is a wide range of performance in radeon drivers.  There are multiple
versions out including some beta drivers.  I have an 8500 and there is a
huge difference between one particular set of beta drivers and the
officially released drivers on ATI's web site.  The beta drivers are much
faster, 20 fps at some resolutions in Q3.  So try different drivers.

Do you have v-sync enabled and the other people don't?  That makes a big
difference. Check with the people who are getting the higher frame rates and
see what other settings they have changed.

Unless you've seen it in person, beware of frame rate claims.  People have a
tendency to grossly exaggerate the performance they are getting.

Screen resolution options are usually determined by the monitor. Even if
your video card supports higher resolutions you won't get it if you monitor
won't support it.  It looks like you have the standard plug and play monitor
drivers.  Look for an .inf file that is specific to your monitor if you want
higher resolutions.

Ben Moore