From:
"Gary R. Tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 21:15:59 -0700
There are many answers to why Scandisk is not allowed to continue, but the
simplest is this:

  Using the Task Manager (CTRL - ALT - DEL)  shut down all programs but
Explorer and Systray.

It is a TSR (terminate stay resident) program operating in the background
that is most likely interrupting your Scandisk session.

Reboot your computer when it is finished scanning and your TSR's will be
loaded back into memory (in the way, in my opinion... <grin> ).

gary r. tennesen