From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 10:13:36 -0500
Star,

Video comes on long before the hard drive starts.
Disconnect the hard drive for now and concentrate
on the video problem.  Once you solve that, then
move on to the next problem.

Assuming that all the jumpers and switch settings
for the motherboard are correct.......

the most likely problem is that the RAM is not
seated correctly.  Pop them both out and reseat them
make SURE that they both "click" into place and then
***gently*** wiggle them to further ensure that they
are well seated and centered.

When you turn on the PC, listen for that first beep
and watch the NUM LOCK, CAPS LOCK, SCROLL LOCK
keys on the keyboard.  They should flash one time very quickly

Jim Meagher