From:
Mike Whalen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 22:03:36 -0400
Hello Gary,

GWS> I have a friend who has a Compaq that is only 3 months old. After
GWS> the monitor is off for awhile, when it is turned back on her
GWS> screen is shrunk.

[snip]

GWS> Would this most likely be a bad
GWS> monitor or possibly a bad video driver? Any suggestions would be
GWS> appreciated.

Oh, I think it most likely a bad monitor.

It's certainly easy enough to test this. Take the monitor to another
PC, hook it up, play around with it, and see if it occurs.

Also, you could boot up in Safe Mode, which uses the software VGA
drivers.

I also think you should post this message to the usenet group
sci.electronics.repair. You see messages like yours there all the time
and the folks there can give you _very_ specific advice.

Cheers,

Mike Whalen