From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:10:29 -0500
Do you have the ASDL conection or the regular dialup?
This from Wanadoo Tech support:
http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/membercentre/?linkfrom=Today&link=2&article=TODinternet_access

Disconnection from your Dial-up service
Article ID: kb1417
There are various reasons why you may be getting randomly disconnected
from the Internet, below are a few simple things to check.

How often are you disconnected?

So that all of our members can receive a high quality service, AnyTime
members are disconnected automatically after two hours of continual
usage, or 20 minutes' idle time - although you can reconnect straight
afterwards. These disconnection settings are not applicable to our
Broadband or Pay As You Go members. If your disconnection is more
irregular or does not follow this patten then there are some things that
you should check.

Check your cables

Sometimes this can be caused by loose connections between your computer
and your modem, or your modem and your phone. Ensure that all the cables
in and out of your modem and computer are secure and if they are looking
old and worn, you may want to replace them. If you have an internal
modem and think that it may have come loose (if you have recently moved
your computer for example) it may be worth making sure it is slotted in
securely.

Modem idle time

There are settings for your modem that tell it to hang-up after a
certain amount of time if it is not being used. If the time is set too
low it can cut you off unnecessarily. To check your modem idle settings:

dorothy Jones wrote:
> Hi Hugh
>
> I checked the IE as you suggested and I find I only have the one dial up
> connection which I am using.
>
> Dorothy Jones

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml