From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 22:47:15 -0700
If you are only installing an update it should not have any effect on that
folder.  All the version conflict manager does is keep you from installing
an older file over a newer one.  But only if it's working, which it doesn't
do all the time.  I would not recommend replacing all the older files in VCM
because there may sometime be a program that will not run with a newer
version of a file.  There is no point in fooling with this folder at all.

I have a long list of files in Version Conflict Mgr, Win98se, even though
older Win OS was not installed. I presume list developed from
reinstallation of Windows, over the top. Will these version conflicts be
eliminated if I install latest Windows 98 critical update pack?

In all cases in Version Conflict Mgr, should latest versions be used? If
latest versions should be used instead of older versions, is there a
faster way to do this than change one at a time?

Demetri Kolokotronis