From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:32:49 -0800
I suggest you read page 87 of this weeks (12-19-00) PCMAG. There is a VERY
negative editorial concerning Lockdown 2000 by Bill Machrone.

I recommend you remove Lockdown 2000 and install  Sygate Personal Firewall.
You can download it from http://www.sygate.com/free/spf_download.htm. This
is a FREE personal desktop firewall that will provide you with full stealth
protection. It will also protect you from commercial tracking programs on
your computer sending things out. It uses almost no resources and is the
easiest firewall  to install and configure that I have come across. This is
the perfect firewall protection for novices.

Make sure you completely remove Lockdown 2000 before setting up another
firewall in-order to recapture your resources.

Mark Rode
The NOSPIN Group

>>What can you tell me about hardware firewalls?  I have a security software
>>program called Lockdown 2000, but hate that it takes up 8% of my resources.
>>  My resources seem to dwindle too quickly as it is without that drain on
>>them.  How much do firewalls cost?  How hard are they to set up for a very
>>novice user?
>>Bernice Fritz

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org