Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 16:06:14 -0500
Kathy Said:
>I had a similar experience after getting a Trojan Horse from the Internet.
>Funny things kept happening (and I kept renaming, reinstalling, etc.)
until,
>many days later, my entire drive was erased by the darn thing. I talked
with
>Symantec to document this crazy-making experience, and apparently >Horses
can slowly activate different instructions.

Well, I don't think it was that. At least Macafee doesn't think so. My
system is almost back to normal. The only problem I have is that just before
the desktop appears on start up, it hangs for approximately 15 seconds. I
can't seem to figure this one out. I tried re-mapping my entire registry,
re-installing programs that were failing, running scandisk, and defrag.
Everything says it's o.k, but it still hangs on start-up. I don't get any
failures during daily use. After that hang, everything works like poetry ( I
guess :] )

Any ideas?

Guido Piraino