From:
WILLIAM SHAFFER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2005 08:37:25 -0700
This might seem like an obvious or dumb question/response but just thought I
would ask:

Have you ever been able to connect any faster on that same phone line with a
different computer? (or different modem)

Just for example where I live, in the outer lying rural areas, no one gets
out any faster then around 28k. (I am talking about dial up of course) No
matter what! Regardless of your ISP & you can have the best modem in the
world.......

I have never completely understood why this is but I guess it has to do
primarily with the distance....I think....signal loss? (and/or) Quality of
the phone lines running out to the rural areas? I don't know....and this may
have nothing to do with your problem....but just thought I would throw it
out there.

Party on!
-=William=-