Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 21:47:40 +1000
What name does your monitor show up in device manager? If it changed from "plug & play monitor" or something like mode number(eg LG 775N) to "Default monitor", many video card won't allow you use high color/high resolution setting. If this is your case, change it to "plug & play monitor", try again.

Jun Qian

John & Leasa wrote:

> recently, the color on my computer changed internally.  it went from a high level of color to the lowest.  my monitor was found to be okay and also my video card.  i am unable to change the color through the regular means of the settings.  my system is unable to run several programs as i keep getting the command "this program will not run without a higher color setting".  from everything i have been able to gleen over the last several weeks my problem is internal.....something in the system will not allow me to change the color.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html