From:
Dennis Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2003 09:25:04 -0400
Hello Everyone,

This morning my dual boot XP Pro/Win98 machine gave me an error on boot up that says Windows can't start because a file is missing or corrupted. It tells me to start the recovery console from the CD. The path and filename that is corrupted is C:\windows\system32\config\system. There is a  file named system in that folder with no extension. When I searched on the CD for system it showed several compressed files in the I386 folder named system, but all had extensions. Is this system file without an extension created upon installation of XP? Is it possible for me to recover it? Can I copy this file from another XP machine to mine and would it work on my system?

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Dennis Thiel

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com