From:
Darren Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 12:44:16 -0400
I want to put together a powerful but inexpensize server to run here at home
with Windows NT server 4. I have the opportunity to buy a second-hand Asus
dual processor LX board with Scsi on board. What I would like to know is:
has anyone heard of or tried running dual celerons? I want a dedicated
server for my cable internet connection, my home network, and possibly to
run a file and print server, ftp server, and a gaming server (I wont be
running the ftp and gaming servers at the same time). I can get the m/b for
about half of the price that it sells for new, and I can get a celeron 333's
for about 100$ cdn. I won't need strong video, so the only thing left would
be a scsi hard drive (which I can also get second hand-my co-worker has a
few between 4-8 gigs to sell). I already have an ATX case along with 128
megs of PC100 ram, and an ethernet NIC. I can buy a new cd-rom drive
relatively inexpensively. Does this sound like a viable setup, and can
celeron's run on a dual m/b?

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com