From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 1998 06:52:07 -0400
Several people replied to this question last week.  If you missed
their answers, here is a recap.

You will have to edit the modem initialization string in your
Trumpet dialer program.  Adding M1 to the init string tells the
modem to turn off the speaker when the connection is made.  Adding
Lx will control the volume.  Replace x with 3 for the highest
volume setting, 2 for a medium volume, and 1 for the lowest
setting  (I suspect that L0 [zero] will turn off the speaker completely)

Jim Meagher
Micro Solutions Consulting    Member of the HTML Writers Guild & the
[log in to unmask]              International Web Masters Association