Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 08:27:44 +0000
        Hi.
        It is not so dangerous, and the probability of failure is low.
However, you should know it exists.
        Probably, you need to expand the .zip into something 128K size.
Put that on a floppy and look for an electronics shop or someone
with an eprom programmer. Buy a 128K eprom (surely 32 pins, put check
your mobo) similar to 27C1000. And tell them to "program the eprom";
if you say "flash the eprom" they will smile.

> John Chin wrote:
> >
> > At 12:24 AM 3/10/1998 Nicolas Cure wrote:
> > >
> > >I was able to get a flash upgrade from PC Partners (my MB manufactorer).
> > >The .zip file came with four files, the flasher program .exe, the readme
>

> > If you have any reservations, do NOT attempt to flash your BIOS. If you
> > fail, your motherboard will not work, and you cannot try it again. Then,
> > you'll either have to get a replacement BIOS chip, or take out the bad
> > chip and burn in the BIOS code with an EEPROM programmer.
>
> i also just got a bios upgrade .zip file.
> is there anyone out there that can flash me a new eprom?
> i'd rather burn a eprom and replace my current chip than take a
> chance of messing up my mobo.
>
> michael galante

Javier Vizcaino. Ability Electronics. [log in to unmask]

Starting point:        (-1)^(-1) = -1
Applying logarithms: (-1)*ln(-1) = ln(-1)
Since ln(-1) <> 0, dividing:  -1 = 1
     (ln(-1) is complex, but exists)