From:
Lewis M Russakov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2007 12:30:47 -0700
I sent the following computer problem a few weeks ago and never saw it
come up on the list, so I am resending it as I still have the problem.

Again hoping that someone can help me.

I am at my wits end because every time I boot up, the "Found New Hardware
Wizard" dialog box appears.

Unfortunately, if I don't click cancel immediately, my computer locks up.
Also I get a blank icon with the wizards name along side it on the
Taskbar like when you minimize a window. I am not able to open that icon
to close the Wizards box.

The interesting thing is that the Wizard is telling me that it found a
new printer and wants to install it, my current and only printer is
installed and working perfectly.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled my printer which did not correct the
problem.

Control Panel/Printer shows the following;  my printer and the fax part
of my printer, Generic/Text Only, Microsoft Office Documents Image Writer
and PaperPort.  I assume that the other printers listed shouldn't have
anything to do with my problem since they must be installed to be shown
in the list and I hate to delete them. I have searched in Explorer for
any old printers that may not have been fully uninstalled and none show
up.

Beside reformatting, which I am trying to avoid, does anyone have any
suggestions.

I am running XP - sp2. My printer is a Canon MP730.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Lew

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml