Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:04:27 -0700
Glen L. Bowes wrote:

> There is no reason at all why this 286 wouldn't be able to use an IDE drive.
> Sure, there will be a BIOS lemmatization of the size of drive that can be
> used, but with an IDE interface, an IDE drive will work just fine.

The message that I posted to just stated that an IDE drive could be
added.  That is not true, which I was pointing out.  Yes, adding an IDE
interface card to run an IDE drive is possible, but then there will be
all of the other problems with BIOS and size limits and drive overlays,
etc.  I thought this was a simple project to keep for the kids.  And a
40 Meg drive that isn't crammed with games and junk should work fine.
But if he just wanted to add another drive to the cable, he would have
to first check out they type of drive it was currently using.
--
Jean Bourvic :>))

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html