Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 01:05:15 +0200
Tom,

yes, there are USB keyboards. Some even have a PS/2 connector plus a USB
adapter.

I normally prefer to use the PS/2 connector. The advantages are, first,
saving a USB connector and, secondly, more hardware contact between
keyboard and computer. The latter fact allows the keyboard to be used
before USB drivers have been loaded, e.g. when running the BIOS setup of
the mobo.

Regards,
Göran Halfvarson. Sweden

> Tom Waddell
> PC does not see either of the two PS keyboards I have. PC had been working
> when loaned to a friend. Am told nothing had been done to the computer
> while she had it. Both keyboards work on another PC. PC has an ATX MB,
> 233MHz Socket 7. If the keyboard connector built into the MB is shot, is
> there another way to connect a keyboard? USB perhaps?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml