From:
Joel BLuming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 14:11:03 -0500
Dear Hugh and Listers

I have two Canon 400o printers here that do the same nothing. I have
spoken to Canon tech support and runt their trouble shooter on their web
site. I come up with no help. I have loaded all the latest drivers, new
cartridges etc. Canon says take it in for repair. In my opinion these
printers are not worth repairing. A new equivalent printer is not much
more than the repair costs - but NOT a Canon.

I am a long time user of Canon cameras and my experience is great with
them. But I have had a canon copier repaired by an authorized canon
repair center and it lasted three months. I think their electronics are
NOT durable and not worth buying.

I would try another brand of printer. My experience with HP and Epson is
far better. I have an HP560c which has been attached to a stand alone fax
device and computer for 5 years and is still A OK.

Joel Bluming
ICQ #5875120