From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 08:03:03 -0700
I have been using some IDE to SATA adaptors on my system and they are
working well. Mine are by IWill model I2S. The only problem I have run into
is that Intel is reluctant to give you support when you use such adaptors. I
have a pair of Western Digital WD800JB drives running on the SATA of an
Intel D845PEBT2 motherboard in RAID 0 configuration. However, I can't say
that the performance is exceptional just from everyday usage. I have not
compared the performance of my RAID configuration to that of a standard IDE
setup. Fresh Diagnose (freeware at www.freshdevices.com) gives it a speed of
7.51 MB/s for write and 12.53 MB/s for read.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Peter
The NoSpin Group