From:
Jim Hodges <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 May 2003 00:21:32 -0500
Hello
I would try to start you system in safe mode and start with going to run
and type msconfig then click on the startup tab, the only thing
you need running is explorer,systray, and antivirus. Also if your system is
like an hp pavilion go to the control and system and under device manager
(still in safe mode) see how many say floppy controllers you have, you only
need one, I usually go through and take out everything under device manager
(you cant take out the hdd controllers) but everything that you can, and
then restart you system. When you reboot your system will say there is a
problem with your video card just cancel and exit, go back to control panel
and run the add new hardware wizard, reboot when it asks you too and you
will be ok, I have done this in windows 98se and winME and have great success.
Hope this helps
Jim Hodges