From:
Eric Outten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 02:03:47 -0800
Jim:
Chances are it's ~not~ the switch.  It's only open or closed.  Test by
jumpering.  The power-on controls are a function of the motherboard
logic on ATX.

Sorry, I don't have any more details than that.  We do a lot of hardware
support and a few builds, some AT, some ATX.  I don't qualify as an ATX
expert.  The fact that I dislike "soft-off" features may have something
to do with that also.  Perhaps someone who has dealt with more of them
can be more specific.  Carefully check your BIOS settings.  Good
documentation may help explain it too.  There's none on hand here, it's
sent out with the respective PC and changes too often to try to archive.
Eric
Jim Mullen wrote:

> My experience level with ATX boards and power supplies is what you have
> read and that is it.
<SNIP>
> Sounds like the power switch is normal for ATX?

<SNIP>

--
Eric R. Outten 773-978-3478 "typito ergo sum"
[log in to unmask] - Oh! Electronic Solutions, Inc.

                                  -----