From:
Javier Vizcaino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:27:01 +0200
It should work, unless reasons that the human mind can't and shouldn't
understand. I don't think the slower ISA bus will be an issue when burning,
but try and see.

However, if you have a COM3 port, take into account that the extraordinary
smart people who decided the standard addresses por tertiary IDE (0x1E8+,
0x3EE) aliased them with one of the eight addresses used by many COM3
(0x3E8-0x3EF) ports. This is mostly invisible, but may cause undetectable
errors, and may be rejected by NT. So make sure that the SB IDE is set to
the cuaternary (0x168+, 0x36E, IRQ10).

Let us all gratefully thank these smart people for making things difficult,
so that we may exercise our brain.
Javier Vizcaino. Ability Electronics. [log in to unmask]
  Starting point:        (-1)^(-1) = -1
  Applying logarithms: (-1)*ln(-1) = ln(-1)
  Since ln(-1) <> 0, dividing:  -1 = 1     (ln(-1) is complex, but exists)