From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 11:27:44 -0700
After months of looking I have pretty much decided on buying myself a 22
inch Mitsubishi  Diamond Pro 2040U.
The problem with buying any expensive high end monitor is that you rarely
can see one prior to ordering  let alone compare different monitors side by
side. At this size and price range there are few reviews. So before my
trembling fingers  write the 1100 dollar check I thought I would ask the
collective it anyone on the LIST had any personal experience with this
Monitor? I am posting the specs in case anyone is interested.

thanks
Mark Rode
The NOSPIN Group

CRT Size 22.0-inch (20.0" viewable image size)
CRT Pitch 0.24 mm uni-pitch aperture grille
Max. Resolution 2048 x 1536 @ 75 Hz
Horizontal Frequency 30 kHz to 121 kHz
Video Clock Frequency 240 MHz

FEATURES
The Diamond Pro 2040u employs Mitsubishi's latest 22-inch Natural Flat CRT
with uni-pitch aperture grille and new high efficiency phosphors for
superior corner-to-corner focus and brightness uniformity.

DIAMONDTRON™ CRT with 0.24 mm uni-pitch aperture grille pitch, improved
S-NX DBF (Dynamic Beam Forming) electron gun and high-contrast
optical-quality, anti-reflection coating
Patented NF technology significantly reduces external reflections and glare
for easier viewing and decreased eye strain
Industry's only dispersed scandium oxide, sputtered tungsten coated cathode
for long-life and increased brightness
USB self-powered hub with two upstream and three downstream ports
Dual CPU connection with switchable D-Sub and BNC input connectors
MPU-based 30 to 121 kHz auto-scan range and high-performance 240 MHz video
clock frequency
2048 x 1536/75 Hz high refresh rate maximum non-interlaced addressable
resolution
New, enhanced on-screen display (OSD) control system with multi-language,
icon-based control panels and intuitive front-panel buttons
Cross-platform compatibility with IBM¨, Windows¨ 95 and Windows 98, UNIX¨,
Apple¨ Macintosh¨, Power Macintosh¨, and third party graphics standards
Backed by Mitsubishi. s Diamond Edge: dedicated corporate sales force;
three-year limited warranty; Corporate Partners Program; Advanced Exchange
Program; and nationwide service centers

   NEC-Mitsubishi QuickLinks
Where-To-Buy | Press Releases | Accessories | Knowledge Base  (Support,
Manuals, White Papers)

Specifications
CRT Size  22" (20.0" viewable image size)
CRT Pitch  0.24 mm center-to-corner
CRT Faceplate Glass  Optical-quality, anti-static and anti-reflective
CRT coating (39.8% light transmission)
Display Area Size* (W x H)  15.5 x 11.6""
(393 x 295 mm)
Maximum Addressable Resolution Format (H x V pixels)  2048 x 1536/75 Hz NI
1600 x 1200/85 Hz NI
(recommended)
Auto-Scan Range  H: 30 - 121 kHz
V: 50 - 160 Hz
Scan Mode Memory With On-Screen Display  Microprocessor-based
Fully Adjustable Color  5000 - 9950
Video Clock Frequency  240 MHz
Input Connectors  VGA/BNC(5)
Input Signal  Analog RGB; TTL H/ V and C Sync.
Signal Cable  1.8 m length (approximately)
Cable Accessories  Macintosh adapter included
USB (Universal Serial Bus)  USB-ready self-powered USB hub,
3 downstream ports, 2 upstream ports
Power Requirements  100-120 or 220-240 VAC; 50/60 Hz
Power Consumption  155 W (without USB load)
170 W (with USB load)
Power Cord  1.5 U.S. version cord with 3P plug
Co

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions