From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 19:23:57 -0600
At 07:41 PM 08/17/2000 , you wrote:
>I need to install 20 new AMD Duron 600 P/Cs along with 4 Printers.  The idea is to share
>printers among the computers.
>1- Should I set up five P/Cs  in a cluster that share 1 printer with NIC cards and a 5
>port Hub?    or
>
>2-Should I try to set it up where all the computers can print  to any of the Printers?
>
>I have done number 1 but have never done  number 2.
>
>The computers are to be used in a school with the new Windows Millennium Operating System.
>Each have 64 meg of PC-133 RAM,  and the latest  Microstar Socket A Mainboard. (Duron or
>Athlon Thunderbird).
>Thanks for any advise on which way to go...

There is no reason that all PCs on the Network cannot share all the printers, as
long as they all belong to the same workgroup.   You can set the some of the PCs
to use certain printers as default and allow them still access to the remaining
printers as an available option.  No matter how you cluster your network, as
long as they are all on the same network and the same workgroup, access
should not be an issue.

    Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: