Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 12:25:20 +0000
        Hi.
        This refers to the mobo super i/o chip containg ports. Look
carefully at the mobo, and locate a chip with SMC or UMC written.
If in doubt, follow the printed circuit tracks finishing in the
COM/LPT connectors.
        Perhaps, when booting the chip appears on the bios greeting.

> Thanks for all your help on my first question. Now I have another
> problem I was hoping you could help me with.
> I was able to get a flash upgrade from PC Partners (my MB manufactorer).
>
> The .zip file came with four files, the flasher program .exe, the readme
>
> .doc, and two .bin files. The readme file says
> 031396U.BIN     For TritonFX Bios with UMC I/O and Non-VTech Date Code
> 031396S.BIN     For TritonFX Bios with SMC I/O and Non-VTech Date Code.
>
> How do I know which file to use on my computer? If anyone has any idea
> please let me know.
> I also would appreciate some help on how to run the flasher. This is the
>
> first time I am going to do this and I need as much help as I can get.
>
> TIA
> Nicolas Cure

        Simplest, from a DOS floppy without config/autoexec. Be sure that
power is not interrupted while flashing (if so, goodbye mobo).

Javier Vizcaino. Ability Electronics. [log in to unmask]

Starting point:        (-1)^(-1) = -1
Applying logarithms: (-1)*ln(-1) = ln(-1)
Since ln(-1) <> 0, dividing:  -1 = 1
     (ln(-1) is complex, but exists)