From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 10:38:18 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: Ricardo Juliao L. <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Wednesday, March 11, 1998 8:49 AM
Subject: [PCBUILD] Cases.....cases....

>Hello All:
>
>I have just bought a P II-233 with an Intel Portland 440FX motherboard. I
>have had trouble locating a P II case in my hometown (Barranquilla,
>Colombia). In one of the stores I called asked me if a Pentium Pro case
>would work. They are the ones supposed to know!!  Well, will it ?
>
>TIA,

Let me add to the last posting I sent.

I assumed that the PII motherboard is an ATX board.  On second thought,
that may not be correct.  My answer is "no"  **IF** your Portland mb is an
ATX mb.  If it is not, then your main issue will be clearance of the PII
with the case.  I think the PII mb's are all ATX (because of the clearance
issue for one thing), but someone will likely come along and set me
straight.

Dean Kukral
Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics
Wichita State University