From:
jnielsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 21:28:01 +1000
Hi
Can somebody help me with this problem I am having?
I am working on an old pc which was my mums and used to be a 286 with
some 386 parts in it.
anyway the monitor went on it and it just sat until I thought I would
get it going again for her. She only wants it to play cards. I found an
old ega monitor, plugged it in and it started up but it had lost the
info of the hard disk drive. So I took out the hard drive and could not
find any info about the hard drive of what was the cylinder size,
sectors, etc. But I also found the cmos battery had leaked all over the
motherboard.
To cut a long story short I ordered a second hand 486 motherboard which
came with 8 MG of ram a CPU which is a  DX66 and put everything back in
now the screen is just showing a glowing orange colour. The cmos is
capable of auto detecting  the hard drive but have not even heard any
post beeps, nothing so far. I tried another video card for the ega and
also tried a vesa card which allowed me to connect to my pc but nothing
has worked. Has anyone got any suggestions?
thanks
Janelle

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html