From:
Alan Schneider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 23:41:31 -0400
At 11:07 PM 7/29/00 -0400, George N. Weinisch said:

>Thanks for the suggestion, but I have tried that several times, to no avail.
>It counts the RAM correctly and passes the POST.  In addition, the RAM
>amount listed in BIOS is correct.  What puzzles me the most is that it
>ignores the boot disk in the A: drive (I have checked the boot sequence).

Do you have another boot disk handy?  Sometimes they go bad.  Also, make
sure your ribbon cables haven't been inadvertently reversed.  Does the
floppy light stay on continuously?  If it does that's a good indicator of a
cabling problem.  If not, I would suggest trying another boot disk...I've
seen stranger things happen.
Hope this helps...

--
Regards,
Alan

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions