From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 22:08:18 -0800
You *should* have received a floppy diskette with your motherboard that has
various drivers for various operating systems. That file should be on that
disk.

I just had to install it today on a client's TX chipset motherboard in order
for her entire IDE controller system to work correctly. In her case, the file
was on the motherboard's floppy drive in a folder labelled, curiously enough,
win95.  It took some looking, but when it was done, the yellow exclamation mark
on the secondary controller was gone, and the hard drive was no longer
operating in MS-DOS compatibility mode.

Note:  This was a patch developed by the motherboard manufacturer for a known
conflict between Windows 95 and the Ultra DMA controller system in the Intel TX
chipset, and is NOT the "Intel Bus Mastering" drivers referred to earlier in
this thread.

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego
mailto:[log in to unmask]