Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:33:21 -0700
Hello All,

I recently purchased a new Epson CX3200 All-In-One printer.  While loading the software the first time, I kept getting "Out of Scan Range" messages on my monitor but was usually able to make that go away by pressing the space bar.  At one point, it wouldn't go away and I had to reboot the machine.  After reloading the software again, I was able to print and copy but not scan.  Something was amiss with Epson Smart Panel.  Everytime I clicked on that program, it would tell me it didn't exist or pushing the scan button on the printer caused an error message.  I e-mailed Epson a message and the next morning, when I tried to print the message out then the print function wouldn't work and I hadn't changed a thing.  Epson wanted me to remove all Epson programs, load just the drivers first, then try loading Smart Panel and 2 other programs on the CD.  I did that but now the computer can't locate my printer.  When I tell it to continue, it finishes loading but my printer is on LPT1 port not a USB port and won't print.  I have also gone into printer properties and tried to manually change the port but USB is not an option.  It originally assigned it to the USB port but now won't.  I have removed the programs at least 7 times and tried again trying different things but to no avail.  I have 2 USB ports and tried both ports.  I also have another Epson LQ570+ connected to the LPT1 port and have tried deleting it first before installing the CX3200.  I still haven't solved my Out of Scan Range problem either.  In Device Manager, it says my monitor is unknown and changing screen resolution didn't help.  My OS is Win98, have 256 MB RAM and a 40 GB hard drive with 37 GB free.  Any ideas out there?  Epson has been of no help.  Sorry to be so long winded.

Thanks
Cindy Sanderson

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com