From:
Harlen Linke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 23:29:30 -0500
At 09:53 AM 12/3/00 -0600, you wrote:
>I am switching a hard drive from one computer to another. The computer I'm
>putting it in is a brand new motherboard, etc. but it acts as though the
>hard drive hasn't been fdisked. I don't want to try fdisking it to see if
>this allows it to work because I don't want to lose all the information on
>the drive. I can hook it up to another computer as a secondary drive, and
>it shows everything on the drive. It was working in the original computer
>also, but it is now in a few pieces and I don't want to put it back
>together just to see if it still works in it.

Hi there...

Only idea I can think of right away would be the jumper for Master/Slave.
If it is the only drive on the new system, make sure the drive is set to
the master setting... if there is no diagram on the drive... try removing
the jumper completely and see if it shows up. If not, try setting it to one
of the others, in turn, and check again.

Harlen Linke

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com