From:
Jim Gemeinhardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 11:06:04 -0700
Susan:
The service station is the holder for the printer cartridges.

Open the printer as though you were going to change a cartridge.
Turn the power off to the printer.
Remove the cartridge(s).
Lift up on the bottom up the printer and you can get easy access to the
bottom of the service station.
Clean all around the bottom of the station with a cotton swab and denatured
alcohol.

Put the cartridges back in and away you go.
This worked real great for all our 600 series HP DeskJet printers.

Jim Gemeinhardt