From:
"S. Shea" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 08:21:59 -0400
I am setting up a 2 machine network at home in order to share files and a
cable modem. One machine is running Win NT Server and Win98 and the other is
running Win NT Server and Win95. I have been able to browse the network to
see the machine running 95 but cannot ping that machine even though I am
using the correct ip address. At no time have I been able to access any
files on the machine whether it is running 95 or Server. All access rights
are correct. The diagnostics program for the card shows it is running fine
(NE2000 compatible) but it does give an adapter error before Windows boots
up. For the time being we have not hooked up the cable modem (plans are to
use Wingate 3.0) so this is not a factor. The machines are in the same room
using coaxial cable and all terminations are proper. Any ideas???? Many
thanks.

Shawn M. Shea

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**