From:
"L. Hooper" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 02:54:01 -0600
I must add a couple things to this thread;
 1. The overclockability of the celeron 300a is also dependent on the
ability of the ram to run at 100MHz...get good ram!
 2. The intel 440bx chipset in the abit bh6 and bx6r2 can overheat! This
was just brought to my attention by a very knowledgeable member of the
Win95-L list;
http://PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind9902c&L=win95-l&F=&S=&P=3094
This explains how easy it is to put heatsink compound on the green
heatsink on the chipset. Thank you Roy.
 3. If you want it overclocked, you might want to pay a little extra
and get a set, (mainboard, processor, ram) that is tested and
guaranteed to work at 450MHz. I got mine from AZZO.
http://www.ram-ware.com/index.html
I don't work for azzo or expect any gain from recommending them.
There are many other suppliers of overclock kits. I lost their url's
when I set-up my hard drive and somehow lost all my bookmarks =-(
I got the OEM chip. Azzo added an excellent twin-fan heatsink,
which I promptly scraped the graphite-like heatsink pad off of
and replaced with REAL heat sink compound. I'll pull the
chipset heatsink and dope it up with compound soon. It runs at 450
just fine.
Larry

MR GEORGE A CLARK wrote:
> I missed a previous posting on this subject. Which of the Celeron CPU
> is a good choice for overclocking to the 450mhz range and which
> motherboard would allow this overclocking ?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html