From:
amanda jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2005 07:17:11 -0700
I needed to add 2 things to my previous post---No, I used a different drive-different computer- to make the disks that wont play on my drive.  (my computer is a 99 model. Also, it was Bob who was having trouble getting an answer concerning the indicator light and other d drive problems, not Sven. Sorry!

Amanda

Sven <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Amanda,

Does the drive that you used to make the disks read them? The reading
problem with the CD-ROM drive (D:) is age. Most optical drives of recent
years are multiread drives. See the following links for more information:

OSTA Multiread Specifications:
http://www.osta.org/specs/multiread.htm

How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD Discs:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q321641

The type of Internet connection you use is not related to this problem.

Sven Swanson, Sr.