From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 14:40:42 -0400
>> there is no reason to do it that way. If I burn
>> a CDRW as a normal data CD,

> 1. A normal data cd rw that is a closed session
> most likely ,but my experience has shown not always,
> and with an audio on a cdrw to a stero system cd
> player never, sorry if I didn't clarify my bad.

    That's why I said "a normal data CD", leaving a session open renders a
CDR(W) useless on anything other than a CDR/W Drive because the TOC hasn't
been written. I often burn my audio compilations to CDRW and play them in my
home CD player. Not many cd players can play CDRW, but when they can it is
very convenient (most DVD players can play CDRW). I have found that most
Sony component CD Players don't even hiccup on CDRW media.

>> any CDROM that can read CDRWs will be able to
>> read it, without special software

> 2. Depending on what cd write software was used to
> write it and that it was closed session afterward
> I would say it should but it does not always do that
> I wish it would.

     No matter what CDR software you use, if you burn a CDRW disc as a
normal Data or audio CD (which means the session is closed) any player that
can adjust to the lower reflectivity of a CDRW will be able to read it
without any special software. The only case this isn't true is if you use
Mickysoft's Joliet format for long files names, some OS's don't like that
format. TTYL