From:
"Richard T." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 16:24:39 -0500
Gonzo:
          I do a lot of printing from my digital camera.  Between home, office
and friends, I have available to me: Cannon BJC4300, HP 820cse, Epson 800,
Lexmark 7200V, Lexmark 1000, NEC Cheapie. The Lexmark 7200V wins!! It is also
simple to refill the cartridges, a no-no as according to the Manufacturers
(all!) but a necessity if you have a digital camera and like to make lots of
prints, as I do.
The colors are great and the resolution is the best. That model is not made any
more, but any of the newer 2 cartridge system Lexmarks use about the same
software and mechanicals. It also has individual heads on the cartridges. You
pay a little more for the cartridges, but they're less of a headache if they "go
south" than carriage mounted ones. I have also "Played" with an ALPS MD2010,
this is a dry transfer system which also produced a very nice 600 dpi print. It
was i little lacking in greys and some darker shaded contrasty colors, but I
understand the brand new ones are superior. These printers use dry transfer
ribbons, 4 of them. The Newer ALPS uses I believe 7 ribbons.
Whichever way you go, I hope you are pleased!
Rich Tabas
Philly, Pa.