From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 17:56:51 -0800
Hi Ian,
Here is the lifecycle of Windows and other MS products.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;LifeWin
I can't really comment on your query about what people are going to do with
Win98 after that time. I suppose they would still use it as long as it is
useable. However If anyone is going forward with hardware that may be
somewhat problematic. I doubt if there are many DOS users still out there. I
guess there are a few that still fiddle with Win3, god only knows why. The
last system I built, quite a while ago at this point, I purchased a copy of
XP Pro OEM to try. For me there is no looking back at any 9X Windows. NT
based Windows is soooo much more stable and secure that I can find no reason
to keep a 9X copy. No crashes, maybe five lock ups in a year+. I quit dual
booting after about a month. Granted I'm not a gamer nor do I run legacy
software that may require older versions.
My dos centavos.

Brad Loomis
Morro Bay, CA