From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 00:52:30 -0500
Computer is  2 year old Compaq P3 wwith 98SE, 128 RAM, all updates
Printer is HP 3600 Deskjet, USB.
This printer apparently worked fine for a while, then Works 4.5 began giving
a "No default printer is selected" error, even though a printer clearly was
selected. Label printing in Word was "greyed out" at times. The printer
works fine if the default printer is re-selected, but loses this setting if
the computer is re-booted.
I have: Deleted 2 older printers, updated the OS and printer driver,
installed Office XP and reinstalled the OS (Compaq Restore Disc) and the
problem continues. One MS KB article suggested the printing DPI for graphics
was set too high, but this doesn't seem to be the case, and my user doesn't
know DPI from a DIP switch.
I've spent too much of my time and their money chasing this problem, and I'm
hoping someone has an idea.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com