From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:01:15 -0400
Hi

Did you run the network wizard on the xp pro machine?  Did you make the
network floppy it offered?  Did you run that floppy in the win 2k pro
machine.

That floppy tells win2k all about xp and how to handle it, since it
wan't a gleam in Mr gates eye when win 2k came out.

On the other hand Xp pro knows about all the other ms software before
it.

After that it is amatter of sharing those drives you want each other to
see.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore
===========================
Subject: Networking

How can I get my two computers to recognize each other?  I have a Dell
running Win 2000 Pro that will not "see" my second clone runnig XP Pro.
I have them connected to the 'net using a router.  My second computer
does "see" my Dell.  I usually try to check, if by chance, they are
"seeing' one another by
going to run, and typing "ping 168.192.1.20" for one and "ping
168.192.1.5 for my Dell.  I get a timeout on one.

Also, I would like to be able to access the hard drive from either
computer.  How can I configure this?

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml