From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:58:26 -0600
Both my wife and I have had a drive other than the C: drive as the boot
drive for some time.  For some reason, when I made the SATA drive the boot
drive, the o.s. made it another drive besides C:, and I just kept it that
way.

The only problem that I have experienced - and it can be annoying - is that
some programs expect the C: drive to be the boot drive.  They tried to load
themselves onto the C: drive, and it did not work well, because my C: drive
was an iPod firewire connection.  These programs, for the most part, have
been older programs.  (So, your "pushy programs" may cause you some
trouble.)  I don't remember if there were any programs that I could not work
around, but  I guess that if there were any, I have not been using them so I
have forgotten all about them.  :)

Dean Kukral