From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:05:53 -0700
Lewis C Emerson wrote:

>Larry,
>
>Thanks for the reply, but the real question I'm asking is whether or not
>the non-rechargeable Lithium cells can take the charging voltage meant
>for the rechargeable NiCad battery?  Yes, the Lithium cells are now
>working fine, and have for almost a week now, but will this last?

Because the lithium battery your using is higher voltage than the original
Ni-Cad, the charging circuit will either not come on, or maintain a
trickle charge of less than 1ma(.001 amps). This will remain true until
the lithium drops low enough in voltage to trigger the normal charging
status of 12ma (example value only). By this point you should get a
rechargeable. It would not be wise to deliver continuos current to a
non-rechargeable for risk of damaging your charge circuit components.
The amount of time you have is dependent on how long your system
is actually unplugged and utilizing the battery.
-yui

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org