From:
Jose Louies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2006 23:35:01 +0530
>I recently installed office xp on my computer. Now my e-mail program
>outlook express will only let me receive e-mail. I cannot send any or use
>my address book. It says my address book is not installed properly. My os
>is xp pro.

reply from jose

I had some what similer problem  when i installed Office XP pro and the
microsoft outlook  took control over outlook express and there was some real
problems to solve.
So,

Locate the address book  file  .wab in your system  ( Do a serach with .wab
extention ) and then locate the file.
copy it to another location

un istall out look express using  the office XP CD

Start out look express and then import the .wab file form  where it is
stored.

also check the smtp settings once again.

There are a few good programmes which can repair  the corrupted  address
book files. Do a serach in google with "out look express recovery softwar "
and you get a few free  / trial versions to fix teh problem.

Note: As i install and un install  softwares, i keep a back up copy of the
address book file and also the .dbx files  ( locate the files and copy them
manualy to my server). This is a good practice to  avoid head aches

Jose  Louies Alex

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads