From:
Thomas Harold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2006 07:53:00 -0400
billhorn wrote:
> I have a Compaq Presario 2200 laptop that is having display problems. It
> shows a normal screen for a second or two upon boot and then goes blank. I
> tried the brightness settings but that didn’t do anything. I can make out
> what is on the screen if I hold a flashlight just right. If I plug in an
> exterior monitor it works just fine. I’ve taken a couple of laptops apart
> for minor repairs but I haven’t run across anything like this before. Any
> ideas what might be going on, and how I could get it going again.

Maybe your backlight tube is failing?  Or the circuitry that drives the
backlight?  If you can see the image by faking a backlight with the
flashlight then that points more towards it being a backlight issue
rather then something wrong with the LCD screen.

Replacing the backlight isn't, however, something that I've tried.  We
usually just pay the local service shop to do it for us.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml