From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 07:40:25 -0400
Fred,

I used FIC boards religiously .... until my vendor suggested I try an EpOx
board. You will need to check their site (www.epox.com) to find a board that
still has 72pin SIMM sockets ---- they are getting very rare in all brands.

Epox gets very good write-ups and scores from the hardware reviewers (like
TomsHardware.com) and are what I would consider a mid-priced
component ($50-75US).  There are more expensive boards, but I think
a large part of the extra expense for them is just paying for the name.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====