From:
SAMMIE RUTLEDGE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jan 1999 19:49:58 -0600
Windows 95 uses DOS 7. Windows 95 doesn't track stuff deleted in DOS.
Windows 95 will not allow undeleting and you cannot even make changes
to your drive in DOS using Norton's Utilities.g

As I said in my original question (at least I think I did) I have
already reinstalled 95 and have gotten all the stuff (modem, network
card, monitor, etc.) installed with the proper drivers. I just haven't
bee able to get the sound to work. The CD drive works, Windows just
can't find the driver for the PCI Multimedia Device and the MOntego
drivers won't install until it sees that device.

Thanks anyway Boyd.

>Try UNDELETE/? at the DOS prompt.  If you have DOS 5.00 or higher, and did
>not delete it with the rest of Windows, it should show the syntax.  Be
>careful, as anything written to the disk - even the temporary file written
>by DIR/P may overwrite deleted files.

>You could even use a bootable DOS 5.00 (or higher) disk with the UNDELETE
>file on it.

>Another way of approaching the problem - I assume you had a startup
>floppy with CD drivers so that you could load Win 95 from CD, and part of
>the problem is reading the CD...

>Boyd Ramsay

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]